The days of the mortgage broker who charges an arm and a leg just to get you financing are gone. No longer is the mortgage broker a last resort source of financing.
So why would you see a mortgage broker instead of your family banker?
1. Lower rates – even if you know your bank’s loan officer, a mortgage broker can usually get you a better rate.
2. Multiple lenders. I have access to more than 20 prime lenders with various products to suite your family needs and long term financial goals.
3. Mortgage brokers can be more flexible and can try innovative financing for special occasions.
4. Receive a mortgage from the comforts of your own home, less running around. Your mortgage broker may even come to your home. Saves you from taking time off work. Ever see a banker do that?
5. Better customer service. Although banks are open longer hours nowadays. They will not answer their phone in the evening or meet you on the weekend – I will!
6. The mortgage broker wants you to get a mortgage. In almost all cases the mortgage broker only get paid if you get a mortgage through them, the banker is on salary and won’t fight as hard for you. Do be wary of mortgage brokers that want to charge you a fee (either upfront or in the mortgage). We get paid by the lending institution. It pays to ask first!