1. Have You Explored All Your Options? Once you receive your mortgage renewal statement, there is nothing easier than signing on for another term. This may make sense in some cases, but your family and financial situation may change over time. I can look for opportunities that may better meet your needs right now.
2. Are You Comfortable With Your Payments? If your monthly payments are barely letting you breakeven each month then it might be time to reduce payments. On the other hand, if you are earning more why not pay down your mortgage faster and save thousands in interest over time.
3. Do You Need Cash Flow For Other Things? Your priorities may have changed since you purchased the home, things like your child(s) post secondary education, planning a career change or a major purchase. You can access equity in your home and refinance your mortgage.
4. Can You Handle Fluctuating Rates? Some homeowners are comfortable with the ebb and flow of interest rates and some are not. It is best to base your decision on your personal situation, not what you read. I can help you decide on a fixed or variable rate mortgage.
5. Will You Sell Soon? If so, consider a shorter term mortgage that has flexible terms to if you decide to sell your home.
6. Are You Thinking of a Major Renovation? Upgrades can increase the value of your home but the cost of having the work done can tie up a lot your money. Make sure to allow for ample finances to complete.
7. When Do You Want To Be “Mortgage-Free?” Increasing your payments will raise your monthly expenses now, but you’ll ultimately save thousands on interest in the long term, a mortgage-free lifestyle.
8. Could You Use Your Home Equity to Fulfill Other Goals? Refinancing a mortgage can be one way to free up cash you need for other things, which could even include purchasing another property.
9. Have Your Insurance Needs Changed? If your home equity has increased, there may not be the need for default insurance.
10. Are You Getting the Best Rates and Terms? In a competitive mortgage environment your good credit history can make refinancing work to your advantage. We analyze mortgage markets daily to ensure you don’t miss any money saving opportunities.